; lowtide HIGHTIDE: Do you treat yourself?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Do you treat yourself?



























Do you ever really treat yourself yourself? NO, I don't mean getting those shoes you can't afford or eating an ice cream sunday (which is all fine and fabulous). I mean treat your body, your mind?  My mom gave me a magnet in college that said "If you don't take care of your body where will you live?".  I think she was worried about the smoking and drinking that college sometimes induces.  Anyway, I have never forgotten these words. It can be so so challenging.  We can get so stressed and busy that we think have earned the right to take on bad habits-drinking, eating out, eating junk food, buying things. "I deserve it", we proclaim!  But sometimes the answer is easier, simpler.  If we just sit ourselves in a tub, surrounded by candles and lavender those other quick fixes might just evaporate into the air...and we will be brought right back to what is truly the root - our bodies, ourselves.

Treat yourself, even in times where you have no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog on bloglovin

Follow lowtide HIGHTIDE