; lowtide HIGHTIDE: A bad habit...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A bad habit...






























Images found here and here and here and oh yes here.

I have been biting my nails, worse yet, my cuticles since as far back as I can remember. They are red, swollen and often bleed.  I have tried everything: band-aids, creams, solutions that make your nails taste bad, painting my nails, all of it sans hypnosis. I took the bus to school in 6th grade and there was a boy I had a crush on who would sit near the front of the bus.  I would curl my fingers under into a first to make sure he didn't see my shameful hands when I walked by him.  This is something all to familiar, hiding my disgust, my secret.  Right now I am on a more emotional journey to find the source of this habit (that seems hopeless at times).  In the meantime, for a more "quick fix", I have put french tips on my fingers. It is working!  Here I cannot pick or bite, the nails prevent me from doing so.  Hopefully, with a few more rounds my nails will be smooth and pretty. My whole life I've been envious of woman who have beautiful fingernails/nailbeds.  It feels silly to want something so simple and easy to some and so so very difficult for me. One day I want to have pretty nails all by myself, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog on bloglovin

Follow lowtide HIGHTIDE